Monday, July 23, 2012

Out of bed and on the road


After being at home for a week with the flu I decided to try my first workout in a long time.  I thought I would ease into it and decided to go for a run.  If I just can’t handle it I can always walk right?  (I really mostly walk anyway.)  I started out on a walk, but realized that after about a half a mile I felt really good.  I thought that I would try a run.  I told myself that I would run to that telephone pole up ahead.  I got there and felt good and ran to the street sigh a block ahead of that.  I then alternated walking and running for a total of three miles.  Now that I managed that I have no excuse to not workout tomorrow, bummer.  It was so easy falling into the excuse pit. 

Now I put it out there.  I’ve got to stay out of the pit and get on the road.  Once I put it in writing for others to read I feel I’ll be held more accountable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment