Tuesday, February 28, 2012

benched

Just came from the doctor's office with the diagnosis of a "wicked ear infection". Wicked is one adjective, may I add mean, hateful, spiteful and painful to the list? My doctor actually asked me how I managed to make it to her office.

She obviously told me that swimming would be out for a while.  I asked her if I could swim with ear plugs.  She yes, but only if I don't put my head in the water.  My swim coaches might have something else to say about that.  Actually, it looks like biking and running are also on hold for now, because each time I make the slightest movement of my head I want to scream out in pain.  I am sitting in bed being very still at the moment.

I really can't afford to miss any training.  My triathlon is only nine weeks away and I am nowhere near ready.  I was having such good momentum, and now it's stopped short.

At least this didn't come the week of my trip to Italy.  There is always a bright side, even to ear infections.

No comments:

Post a Comment