Monday, February 13, 2012

Updates all around

Swimming:
I think that I’ve adapted my swim stroke enough to avoid the shoulder popping.  Now if I could only improve my speed.

Biking: 
Having trouble with one of my bike cleats, but I HAVE to wait until after my trip to Italy to take it to the bike shop.  I am not spending any money before my trip.  Let’s hope that I don’t fall over when we start riding outdoors. 

Running:
My coach told me to stop training on the elliptical.  He said to use the treadmill even if I need to go really slow, so yesterday I “ran” two miles.  I actually fast walked.  My calf, well honestly,  my entire right leg, felt really tight.  I’ll have to warm up better next time. 

Fundraising:
So far I have raised almost 70%.  I know that my webpage says 62%.  I have some money that I need to send in.  I still need to raise about $1,125 dollars.  I am doing a raffle for a Kindle Fire and am hoping to host a wine party with one of my friends on the team.  We would charge $10 a head for the wine tasting, make our own hors d'oeuvres and make a profit on any wine that we sell.  It’s kind of like a Tupperware party with a cover charge, and the product is more fun.  We just need a place to host it.  She wants to have it near her.   We just need to get our act together.    

General well being:
My back has been bothering me for about a week now.  I herniated disc years ago and it’s been bothering me since.   The pain ebbs and flows.  Now it is really bothering me, but at least I am mobile.  Sometimes I am not. 

My legs hurt; the I’ve been exercising on them too much kind of hurt.  They haven’t through this entire process, but they started hurting yesterday.  I’m glad that today is a rest day. 

I’m a little scared about the fundraising.  Whatever I don’t raise I have to pay myself.  That wouldn’t be so bad, but the fundraising deadline is right before my trip to Italy and I am really worried about paying for that as it is.

On a good note I’ve lost 18 pounds since I started training.    

No comments:

Post a Comment