Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My first day of training, MY FIRST DAY, I had a problem.  I could tell when I felt the actual weave of the socks under my feet (sports socks, made for athletes).  This happened to me during the Knoxville triathlon.  I remember how painful it was to take every step.  I considered crawling for the "run" portion of the race. After that race I ended up with big, fat, painful blisters right on the balls of my feet.  Walking the next day was definitely an issue. This can't happen again, not ON MY FIRST DAY of training.  How would there be a second day? I'm on a time crunch here!  I changed my socks, changed my sneakers and bought something called liquid skin.  It stinks but it provided a barrier between my feet and my sneakers.  It was pretty effective because my blisters healed quickly and I haven't gotten them back.  I just wish that I put some between my toes.  Guess where I got blisters on my long training day?

And people wonder why I hate running.

No comments:

Post a Comment