Friday, July 4, 2014

OK, so I did it again.  I am a bit impulsive sometimes.  I really am. I was scrolling through facebook when I saw an ad for a half marathon.  Now if you've read ANYTHING in my blog you would know that I HATE running.  I HATE! HATE! HATE! running, and I’m not even supposed to run after back surgery.  But THIS half has a really cool medal with a pirate scull on it. (I’ll include a picture.)  I really WANT that medal, so I signed up.  I wouldn't have signed up if it was a traditional half marathon, but it is a “do it yourself” half marathon.  You register, they send you a bib and the medal. You do the miles and then log into the website with your times.  I can walk the whole thing and nobody will be giving me poor, sorry looks as the last struggling athlete.  The catch is that I have to do the event by July 31st.  The 31st is a Thursday.  I have plans on the 27th so I really need to do this thing by July 26th.  I saw the ad on the 1st.  That gives me about 3 ½ weeks to train, and I’m starting from couch potato status.  Yeah I’m a little crazy.  I’ll let you know how it turns out, and NO I won’t wear the medal until AFTER I complete the 13.1 miles.



No comments:

Post a Comment