Thursday, October 20, 2011

SHIN SPLINTS

Recently, I’ve learned two new bad words:  shin splints.  UGH!  They start just minutes into my running and make every step painful, almost unbearable.  Just to give myself a little kudos, I still finished my run.    I can’t blame my sneakers.  They are actually the kind you get to prevent shin splints.  I would like to blame the tread mill.  I was right to look for a soft, empty soccer field last weekend.   I can only blame myself.  If I had exercised even a little routinely over the last four years my legs wouldn’t be in shock and rebellion over the upheaval of their normal, restful, and frankly quite comfortable routine. More stretches and exercises, athletic leg sleeves, and a visit to the podiatrist should have me back on the treadmill in no time.  Meanwhile I’ll still be on the lookout for an empty soccer field. 

1 comment:

  1. But you did it, you braved the pain. Might just have to add a beer to the BBQ ;)

    Keep going .. you can do it.

    ReplyDelete