Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A TRIATHLON?

A triathlon?  An OLYMPIC Triathlon? Laura, are you crazy?  Yeah, I’m pretty sure that I am.  You would think that getting winded just running around the block would deter me from such a thing.  But I need exercise, and I know myself, and I know that I will NOT exercise for the fun of it.  “What fun?”  you ask.  My point exactly.  So I need a goal, something to motivate me.  My pattern is to sign up for a completely unrealistic event, one so out of my reach it is laughable, and then work towards it.  In 1998 I signed up for a cross continental bicycle ride.  I didn’t even own a bike at the time.  Somehow I did the ride and survived.  My goal is, and always has been, not to win, or even place in my division.  My single and only goal is to finish the race without completely embarrassing myself.  Thanks to the Leukemia Lymphoma Society I will be on a strict training schedule with patient (hopefully) and qualified coaches.  The catch is that I have to raise $3,525 for blood cancer research.  Hey!  Maybe I will save some lives other than my own. 
Follow me here.  I’ll try to post updates at least once a week discussing my plans, my progress my pitfalls, and my embarrassments. 

2 comments:

  1. The second craziest woman I know. We love ya' Laura. You finish this and its all you can eat BBQ when you visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no doubt that you will rock this tri!!

    ReplyDelete