Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Back on the road again

I’m in pain – OH I’m in pain.

Well, let me back up a bit.  The reason that I haven’t posted to this blog lately is because I was on vacation in Italy!  (The location has nothing to do with this post, except that I am really excited to have gone to Italy.)  Before I left I planned it all out.  I checked out the hotels and found out all that I could about their fitness centers.   I made myself a schedule with no days off.  There was no way that I was going to slack.  I packed tons of workout clothes.  I even packed gear to run outside incase the weather was nice.  Exercise stuff took up half of my suitcase.  When I got to Italy I didn’t do a single thing.  Well, I walked a lot, but that was sight seeing.    I ate, and I drank, and I was merry, but I did not exercise.

I came home on Saturday with the plans to be on the bike the first thing Sunday morning.  I ate and drank and hung out in bed finishing the book that I started on the airplane.  I was merry, but I did not exercise. 

Well, Monday is usually my day off, but guilt took over and I went to the gym.  I ran six miles on Monday (if you can call what I do running), and five plus miles on Tuesday.  Then I swam for an hour and a half.  When I say swam I mean that I swam.  There was no stopping last night.   Today I woke up early and went to an intense spin class. 

Now I am in pain, so much pain.  My legs HURT.  I guess the exercise gods are punishing me for slacking last week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment