Monday, April 30, 2012

I’m scared. I’m so very scared.


I’m scared.  I’m so very scared.  I sent my bicycle to Knoxville last week, (I never got the gears working completely right) so I haven’t been able to ride since.  I have been struggling on the small hills of Long Island.  What will I be able to do on the mountains of Tennessee?  If I am able to climb them, (I hope that I will be, but I am not sure) they will slow me down  so much that I am worried that I will not finish the bike and/or the run portions by the cut-off times.  If I can’t I will be disqualified from the race.  If the race is on streets that allow bicycles and/or pedestrians on normal days they can’t kick me off of the road, but I will not be considered a finisher.  I will not receive a medal, and I will be mortally embarrassed..  I don’t want to be embarrassed and I really want a medal.  Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment