Friday, April 6, 2012

Quote(s) of the day

Some of my favorite triathlon quotes found on t-shirts, bumper stickers and training websites:


Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right. - Henry Ford

Pain heals.  Chicks dig scars.   Glory… lasts forever. - Shane Falco, The Replacements

Pain is weakness leaving the body.  – U.S.M.C.

Quitting is worse than dying.  When you quit you still have to live with it.  - Unknown 

That which does not kill me makes me stronger – Friedrich Nietzsche

For some sports you need a ball, for triathlon you need two!

Embrace the suck - US Military

How about a threesome?

Swim, bike, run, repeat 

You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen, Ironman  

Shaved and Tapered

Wetsuit Strippers 

As an athlete, I am ever so grateful that Gatorade was invented at the University of Florida. If Florida State had discovered it, I’d be drinking “Seminole Fluid.”   - too long to put on a t-shirt, but I thought that it was funny

Only a triathlete would call a bottle of sugar water their "Nutrition"  

Life is simple: swim, bike, run, eat, sleep.  

Pain is temporary, quitting is forever. 

Don't drown
Don't crash
Don't walk  

This seemed like an awesome idea 10 months ago

I once met three guys named pain, suffering and sacrifice. Now we are inseparable. We are best friends. - Lance Armstrong  

Racing is a lot like wrestling a gorilla; you don't stop when you get tired you stop when the gorilla gets tired

If your relationship is working you’re not training hard enough.  

If triathlon was easy they would call it football

If I don't beat you on the course....there's always the parking lot!  
  
I'm not slow; I'm just enjoying the race longer

Last is just the slowest winner.

You can't spell TRIUMPH without some TRI at the beginning and a big UMPH at the end!!! ;-)  

Triathlon is for people who can't handle drugs and alcohol. 

Save a bike, ride a triathlete  

I ride my bike more than my girlfriend, but she still loves me.

Size does matter. Use the big ring.  

Almost drowned, crashed the bike, puked on the run. When's the next Tri?

Swim, Bike, Run, Rinse, Repeat  

If it doesn't hurt, you're not going fast enough.  

Most girls chase boys. I prefer to pass them

The only easy day was yesterday

Shut up legs! - Jens Voigt  

PR or ER  

Is your junk numb yet? 

Bet you can't wait to get off that bike – a sign on the bike course

Bet you wish you had your bike back now – a sign on the run course

Swim like your gonna drown, Ride like you stole it and Run like they are chasing you. 

A threesome every weekend 

Triathlon: this much pain is expensive.

Triathlon' is Latin for HTFU - (Harden The F*ck Up)

Why be good at one sport when you can be mediocre at three?

Pain is Temporary but your finishing time is posted on the internet forever

Just keep swimming.  Just keep swimming. - Dory, Finding Nemo (and Chrissy Brooks on my tri-team)

Just keep spinning.  Just keep spinning. - Me

No comments:

Post a Comment