Saturday, May 5, 2012

Not so scared as before

Well, we flew down to Knoxville yesterday and spent the last two days preparing for the big day tomorrow.  We reassembled our bicycles, picked up our race packets and swag, checked out the transition area and had a practice swim today.  The BEST part of the day was when I had the chance to talk to the race coordinator.  I, fighting back tears, flat out asked him if they would kick me off of the course if I didn't make the cut off times.  He said that they wouldn't.  I asked him if I would still get a medal if I missed the cut off times.  He told me that if I finished that he would give me the medal himself.  I feel like a big weight has been lifted off of my shoulders! I wish that I could post more details about my day, but I am off to the TNT inspiration dinner.  Wish me luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment